|Cloud Architect/Sr. Data Center Engineer|
January 2013 to Present
- Rack Installation
- Server installation
- Security System installation
- 2015 - 2016 - brought a new data center on-line
- 2016 - completed 2 data center moves for a datacenter consolidation project
- Some Cisco switch configuration
- 2016 - Implemented Starwind Storage
- 2013 - Designed, implemented and supported a private cloud based on Citrix Cloud Platform 3.x - 4.2 on XenServer 6.1
- 2013 - Designed, implemented and support 2 vCloud 5.5 instances in two datacenter
- 2014 - Conducted testing that enabled MCPc to become Citrix Ready for IaaS Cloud for XenDesktop
- 2014 - Designed, implemented and supported a hybrid cloud offering based on Citrix Cloud Platform 4.3 on XenServer 6.2 SP1
- 2016 - Designed, implemented and support a new vCloud 8.1 instance in new datacenter
- 2017 - Extended the vCloud 8.1 instance to our other datacenter
- Deployed pfSense firewall in High Availability mode in both datacenter
- Integrated Snort with pfSense
- Integrated Snort with a Snorby implementation to provide better visibility
- working on CIS baseline automations
- Generate Autounattended.xml for Windows 2008 R2, Windows 2012 R2, Windows 2016, Windows 7/8.1/10
- Create Templates for all servers and workstations on XenServer 7 and vSphere 5.5/6
- run open source version of chef server 12.x
- Used for Windows Server deployments
- Used for CentOS and Ubuntu deployments
- Utilize Vagrant and Veewee along with Virtualbox, & Parallels for development and testing of both code and products
- Product Development
- Provide solution development of MCPc’s managed services
- Lead architect on private and multi-tenant ‘XaaS’ offerings
- Develop reference architectures
- Investigate new technologies to be included in our offerings
- Provide Pre-Sales support for managed services
- Working on MCPc Cloud Strategy
- Creating Service Descriptions and PRDs
- Backup as a Service/Disaster Recovery as a Service
- 2015 - 2016 - Designed, implemented and support Veeam Cloud Connect 9.x
- 2016 - 2017 - Designed, implemented and support SolarWinds MaxBackup solution running on CentOS with ZFS implemented.
- Managed Services
- 2013 - present - Provide level 4 support for managed services
- Utilize SolarWinds N-Central for Monitoring
- In Progress
- Implementing an ElasticSearch, Logstash, and Kibana (ELK) Stack
- Building a centralized syslog server
- Working on automated hardening recipes for all versions of windows PCs and Servers
- Two intra-datacenter moves - includes rack consolidation as well as migration to our hybrid cloud
January 2012 to January 2013
- Designing solutions based customer needs utilizing Citrix, VMware, Microsoft, NetApp, Cisco, Dell, HP, Whiptail and Apple technologies
- One of the primary architects for MCPc's cloud Initiatives
- Implementer of Citrix CloudPlatform for MCPc's Hosted offering
- Provide Support for our Delivery Engineers and Managed Services personnel when needed
- Create Statements of Work and Reference Architecture documentation
May 2011 to January 2012
- Assign to University Hospitals of Cleveland as an on-site Citrix Architect
- Provided industry and personal best practices
- Provided design recommendations
|Enterprise Systems Engineer II|
May 2005 to May 2011
- Citrix Architect - Design, Implementation and support of 400 XenApp servers supporting 16,000 CCUs. Utilized XenServer , Provisioning Services, NetScaler and EdgeSight
- Build Architect - Provided automation and orchestration of all Microsoft related builds utilizing Altiris. This included OS installation, configuration and third party application installations.
- Epic Systems - Designed and implemented the Microsoft portion of the Cleveland Clinic Epic Care Everywhere Intraconnect environment. This included Interconnect servers, Clarity and Pub-Sub DB
- Disaster Recovery Architect - Designed the process of restoring the Citrix environment along with the Care Everywhere Microsoft environment to meet our RTO and RPO objectives. Member of the project team that implemented EMC SRDF/A replication between CCF and Sungard (Carlstadt, NJ location) for Cache/SQL Database replication
|Consultant - At UPS|
December 2003 to December 2004
Kforce technology Staffing
- Member of the Windows 2000 Migration team - provided assistance with all facets of the migration including the migration to DataOnTap and Virtual File Manager.
- Citrix Administrator - Build and Administration of the Airline's 40 server Citrix MetaFrame XPe farm. Utilized Altiris for server builds and Installation Manager Services for application installations. Monitored the environment with Resource Manager and the servers with Compaq Insight Manager.
- Provided support Day to Day support of over 400 servers including Windows 2000/NT, Citrix MetaFrame 1.8/XPe, and Novell
- Assorted projects as they arise
June 2002 to December 2003
|New Age Technologies
- Jewish Hospital - SNA server and Citrix
- Jewish Hospital Emerging Business - Installed cable modem's in remote nurses homes
- NPC - Data Center support
- Baptist Healthcare Systems - Assisted in the BMC ControlSA rollout. Also conducted a proof of concept of Citrix Password Manager integration with all BHS' applications
- Army Corp of Engineers - Desktop roll-outs
- Atofina Chemicals - Desktop roll-outs and provided Citrix support
|System Analyst II|
December 1999 to June 2002
- Network administration, hardware repair, help desk support, level 2 and 3, server builds
- Designed the Active Directory for the KY site in AdminaStar's migration to Windows 2000
- Lead/co-lead on twelve concurrent projects
- Worked with the Client Server Development team on all IIS, JRun and SQL servers. Provided the implementation and support of their servers
- Implemented and administers two Citrix farms. First on Metaframe 1.8 and WTS, migrated them to Windows 2000 and Metaframe XPa in Oct. 2001
- Support 450 users on Compaq desktops, Thin Clients, and Dumb terminals via the Help desk
- Backup WAN administrator, supporting Nortel Products
- A member of the Technology, Investment, Evaluation and Research Group(TIER Group). TIER was a due diligence group that evaluated all projects for the organization
- Installed Mercator Commerce Manager software for HIPAA via Citrix MetaFrame
August 1999 to December 1999
Pomerory IT Solutions
- Spent 10 days in the Hub, working on hardware from Vencor and Papa Johns Corporate Office
- Outsourced to AdminaStar Federal for Y2K support
- At AdminaStar finished up grading all workstations for Y2K. This included updating Novell Client software, NT4 sp5, extra software, IE 4 sp1 and SQL 7.0 client config utility.
- Assigned a major project in December 6, 1999 to setup SNA workstation to connect via Token Ring to the mainframe to provide access to Sterling Commerce's NDM product on the workstation and mainframe. Designed a solution in two weeks. I flew to Puerto Rico on Dec. 21, 1999 to implement design.
- Contract was bought out by AdminaStar Federal
|Hardware Repair Technician|
November 1997 to August 1999
- Company was GTS when I started. Bought by EFTC, Inc. EFTC was bought by Jabil
- Became GTS certified on the HP multifunction Printer Series.
- Repaired and refurbished Multifunction Printers
- Promoted to Laptop Repair
- Excelled on the Micron line and became the trainer of that line
- Cross trained and became highly functional on following laptops: Compaq 7400s/7800s/7700/7300s, Gateway, Dell, WinBook and IBM Thinkpads
|||CCEE for Virtualization, Citrix.
|||CCA for XenApp 6, Citrix.
|||CCA for XenApp 6.5, Citrix.
|||CCA for XenDesktop 5, Citrix.
|||CCA for XenServer 5, Citrix.
|||CCA for XenServer 6, Citrix.
|||CCA for Access Gateway 4, Citrix.
|||CCSP 2012, Citrix.
|||VSP 5, VMware.
|||VTSP 5, VMware.
|||CCA - Apps and Desktops, Citrix. |